Photo credit and recipe adapted from Salwa Smaily
Banana Strawberry Oat Bars are a healthier fruit dessert made with fresh strawberries, bananas, Date Sugar and ground flaxseeds. Perfect for on the go snacking- your kids will love them too.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 35 mins
For the base and the top
- 250 g rolled oats
- 2 Ripe Bananas (150g)
- 2 tbsp freshly ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp Date Sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
For the Strawberry Filling
- 250 g strawberries
- 2tbs freshly ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Date Syrup
- Preheat your oven at 180°C
- Now first in a food processor mix together strawberries, flaxseeds, lemon juice and honey.
- Process until you have a strawberry puree.
For the base and crunch top
- Mash the banana
- Add in oats, flaxseeds, cinnamon, sugar, pinch of salt and combine everything together.
- Line a 23 cm baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add 2/3 of the oats mix and press them well to the bottom of the tray.
- Pour the strawberry puree.
- Then sprinkle the rest (1/3) of the oat mix on the top
- Bake for 20 mins.