Photo credit and recipe adapted from Salwa Smaily
It’s hard not to love a caramel slice, and this Date, Cashew and Caramel Slice is THE best. Healthy, delicious and perfect as a snack. Your kids could also take it as a snack in the school.
Prep Time 5 mins
Freeze Time 15 mins
Total Time 20 mins
1. In the food processor process the almonds and cashews until you get small pieces. (Not flour, you should stop before they become flour)
2. Add coconut oil, almond butter, dates, raisins, honey, cinnamon and salt and process until everything is combined.
3. Line a tray (20 cm) with parchment paper. Press the mixture to the bottom and freeze for 15 mins. Meanwhile melt 150 g dark chocolate using a microwave or double boiler.
4. Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel almond cashew layer and refrigerate.
5. Cut into squares and enjoy