Photo credit and recipe adapted from Salwa Smaily
This simple chicken soufflé is an easy dinner recipe that’s ready in less than an hour. This fluffy soufflé harbours a hearty core of cream of chicken soup mixed with mushrooms, green peas and chopped chicken. It’s sure to become your family’s new favourite dinner.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 45 mins
- 700 g to 1 kg chicken breast cut into thin slices (marinade: 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp paprika powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper)
- 250 g mushrooms cut into thin slices
- 1 red and green bell peppers sliced
- 2 cups green peas (I used frozen)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika paste ( you can use tomato paste)
- 1 tsp curry, 1 tsp paprika powder
- Mozzarella cheese
- 500 ml milk mixed with 3 tsp flour or 200 ml milk and 300 ml low fat cooking cream ( I used 500 ml 1.5/100 fat milk)
- Heat a non stick pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil and sautee the chicken slices onboth sides until a golden brown color appears. Set them aside.
- In the same pan saute the mushrooms and set them aside.
- Then in the same pan also sautee the red and green bell peppers.
- Mix the milk with flour, salt, pepper, paprika paste, curry powder and paprika powder.
- Now in a pyrex tray or whatever you have at home, put the chicken, then put the mushrooms over the chicken, then bell pepper, then green peas.
- Add the milk mixture. Cover with mozzarella cheese and bake at 200°C until a nice color appears on the top.
- You can serve this with rice.
- You can also add the vegetables that you want for example broccoli or sweetcorn.