Photo credit and recipe adapted from Salwa Smaily
There's minimal prep time to make this hearty vegetarian stew, which works just as well as an easy dinner or packed in a flask for lunch.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 15-20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
- 2 Grated Carrots
- 1 Diced Onion
- 2 to 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 600 g Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tins Black Beans (800 g)
- 1 tin (400g) red kidney beans
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large pan, heat 2 tbs olive oil.
- Add the grated carrot, garlic and onions. Sautee for 1 min.
- Add tomato puree, chili flakes, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- After a couple of minutes, reduce heat..
- Cook for about 10 mins, while stirring.
**Add water if thinner consistency is desired.