Photo credit and recipe adapted from Salma Smaily
You won't even taste the vegetables in this chocolate zucchini cake! Super rich and moist with milk chocolate chips, everyone will love this!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 45
- 150 g Dark Chocolate (I used 85% cacao)
- 3 Eggs separated (Egg yolks and Egg whites)
- 75 g of Date Sugar (150 g zucchini (around 1 big) cut into pieces
- 40 g Whole Grain Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Chocolate Chips to spread on the top (optional)
- First melt the dark chocolate using a microwave or double boiler.
- Put the melted dark chocolate in a food processor.
- Add egg yolks, sugar, pinch of salt and vanilla and mix them together.
- Add zucchini and whole grain flour and blend them again until you don't see big pieces of zucchini.
- Beat the egg whites using a hand mixer until stiff peaks.
- Combine egg whites with the chocolate batter, but slowly, because we want the batter to stay fluffy.
- Pour the batter mix into a 20 cm cake form (brushed with some oil). Add chocolate chips on the top, and bake it in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 30 mins.