Date Jam biscuit recipe from the lovely Peony Bakes, they're low in sugar, but full of sweet sticky date flavour.
Yields 16+ biscuits
Half packet butter or 125g⠀
1.5 cup plain flour (sift) ⠀
Date Jam -approx 2 tbsp⠀
Strawberry Jam half a bottle ⠀
1/2 cup sugar could use date sugar too ⠀
1 egg ⠀
Finely chopped dates⠀
1tsp baking powder ⠀
- Butter and sugar till light and fluffy.⠀
- Add eggs one at a time add tsp flour with each egg to stop it from curdling.⠀
- Sift 1 cups flour with baking powder.⠀
- Add to mixture a little at a time, add the other cup flour to make soft firm dough.⠀
- Divide into 2.⠀
- Roll out rectangle around 2cm.
- Spread warmed jam. ⠀
- Sprinkle ground almonds and chopped dates.⠀
- Roll up gently and put in fridge for few hours.⠀
- Slice swiss roll style.⠀
- Coat with coconut.⠀
- Bake in oven gas mark 4 for 25 30mins or till lightly golden.