Photo credit and recipe adapted from Salma Smaily
This healthier snickers bar has 3 layers, a nougat layer, a caramel layer and chocolate layer.
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 25 mins
For The Nougat Layer
- 100 g all natural peanut butter
- 20 g old fashioned oats blended into flour
- 30 g Date Syrup
For the caramel layer
- 200 g Pitted dates
- 15 g Peanut butter
- 15 g Coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Roasted unsalted peanuts
For the chocolate layer
- Dark chocolate (I used 85% cacao)
- For the nougat layer, mix all the ingredients together until you have everything combined. Press to the bottom of the loaf form lined with parchment paper. Freeze it.
- Meanwhile, prepare the caramel layer by mixing together all the ingredients except of peanut. Also press it over the nougat layer.
- Add the peanuts on top and press them well.
- Freeze it for around 3 hours.
- Melt around 200 g dark chocolate( you can add 1 tsp of coconut oil)
- Cut the snickers into bars and cover it with melted chocolate. Put it in the fridge until the chocolate sets.
** Best storage is in the fridge**