Photo credit and recipe from Salwa Smaily
Whip up this easy pumpkin soup as a starter for a dinner party or a light supper when you need a bit of comfort – it has a lovely silky texture loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 25 mins
Total Time 40 mins
- 1/2 pumpkin ~1kg
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 diced onion
- 3 diced garlic cloves
- 1/2 - 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup leeks
- 1 thumb size ginger
- 3 small diced potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 tsp curcuma, 1tsp cumin, salt and pepper
- Water as needed/vegetable broth
- Pumpkin seeds for decoration
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp oil or butter.
- Sautee onions, garlic, leeks, celery and oats.
- Add all the other ingredients except of pumpkin seeds.
- Cover with water and let it cook at low heat.
- Once its well cooked, blend it with a hand blender.
- I served it with toasted garlic whole grain bread.