بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmutallahi Wa Baraakaatahu,
In this blog, we will look at the importance of making Al Wudhoo correctly and the reward connected to doing so. Firstly, this hadeeth is classified as Saheeh by the scholars of the past including Shaikh Al Albani. This hadeeth can be found in Saheeh Al Bukhari (no.234).
What do we take from this hadeeth?
1) The virtuous nature of the ablution and its great reward. The hadeeth clearly mentions that the person who completes the wudhoo correctly:
" فَيُسْبِغُ اَلْوُضُوءَ "
Then they will enter through any of the gates that they wish on the day of judgement. This indicates that a person should strive to complete the wudhoo completely, making sure that water reaches all areas, that they make the correct intention and follow the sunnah at every stage of its completion.
2) Another benefit is the remembrance of Allah سبحانه وتعالى, once the action has been completed. This remembrance of Allah سبحانه وتعالى is highly recommended by the consensus of the scholars of the past.
3) This hadeeth also establishes that there is reward after death. As we are aware that belief in the day of judgement, is from the pillars of emaan, and it is waajid (obligatory) that we believe in it as muslims.
4) This hadeeth additionally, establishes that the doors of jannah are 8. These doors are mentioned in this previous post. So, whoever, purifies themself inwardly and outwardly, remains upon Tawheed and sunnah, then they will have a chance of entering through these doors.
5) Additionally, this remembrance of Allah سبحانه وتعالى after the Wudhoo, is a completion of the Wudhoo. So after purifying oneself with the wudhoo, a person purifies themself inwardly with the correct belief of Tawheed (The oneness of Allah), the testification of sincerity in ones worship; and this is from the loftiest of testimonies.
6) Shaykh Al Islaam Ibn Tamiyah mentions that the Wudhoo is an act of worship, just like the prayer and fasting. It is not known except that that it is legislated by Allah. He goes on to mention that anything that is not legislated by Allah سبحانه وتعالى then it is a newly invented affair, and whoever claims that a newly invented affair, brings one closer to Allah سبحانه وتعالى, then that person is on a path of misguidance.
May Allah سبحان و تعالى make us from those who perform our acts of worship correctly and from those who enter through the gates of Jannah... Aameen
To be continued insha Allahu Taa'laa....
Reference (P.254 , Explanantion of Shaykh 'Abd Allah al-Bassam, Tawdeeh Al Ahkaam Sharh Buloogh Al Maraam, Kitaab At Tahaarah)