Sweet Potato Date Brownies
These Sweet Potato Date Brownies are moist, sweet and delicious!!
A great recipe to make with your kids.
This may seem like a strange recipe for the cookbook. But not to worry! This healthy brownie is a wonderfully sweet baked delight, perfect for the kids! When paired with Date Jam and honey, the sweet potato is pretty much undetectable and even the fussiest of eaters won’t be put off by the goodness hiding inside!
- medium sweet potato (around 200 g cooked)
- Sunnah Wholefoods Date Jam
- 2 tbs Tahini
- 3 tbs Sunnah Wholefoods Date Syrup
- 5 tbs raw Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup Ground Almonds
- 1/2 cup Wholegrain Flour ( I used whole grain spelt flour)
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 handful chocolate chips
- cook your sweet potato (in the over, steaming or in the microwave)
- preheat your oven at 180° C
- in the food processor mix all ingredients together until well combined. You can start adding the date jam, sweet potatoes, tahini and date syrup. Then add the eggs, vanilla and salt. Finally almonds and flour.
- pour the mixture in a baking tray lined with parchment paper (8*8 for example)
- add chocolate chips on top
- bake at 180°C for around 20 mins.