If you have any Fresh Figs lying around, this is a great new recipe for you to try out! Made by our long-term food collaborator Salwa Smaily, here is a beautifully made Upside Down Fig & Hazelnut Cake. Made purely from Sunnah Wholefoods Date Sugar. The taste is amazing and the preparation is straight forward. (It is vegan and gluten free)
- 120 g date sugar
- 160 g sugar free apple sauce
- 160 ml milk
- 1 table spoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tea spoon cinnamon
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 150 g whole grain flour
- 100 g hazelnut flour (hazelnut ground)
- 1 tbs baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 7 figs sliced
1) First preheat your over at 180°C
2) Add all dry ingredients in the food processor.
3) Add wet ingredients (except Figs) and mix until everything is combined.
4) Brush a 23 cm baking tray with oil. Add fig on the bottom. Add the batter over the figs.
5) Bake for around 35 minutes.
Once baked let it cool. Finally turn it over onto a plate.
You can serve it with all natural peanut butter